Fresh: Ideas, Perspectives, Directions
CALED is happy to announce our 36th Annual Conference, Fresh: Ideas, Perspectives, Directions, will be held in South San Francisco at the South San Francisco Conference Center on April 26-28, 2016.
Fresh: Ideas, Perspectives, Directions will give CALED members and non-members alike the opportunity to gather together and discuss the latest trends in economic development and solutions to pressing problems.
Got Ethics? What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You. Join us for a practical approach to identifying conflicts of interest and ethical dilemmas facing economic developers and learn about tools and policies for addressing them and protecting yourself. Learn more
Let’s Talk About Leadership! Join CALED’s CEO, Gurbax Sahota and Certified Master Coach Leader, Mooniek Seebregts for a leadership discussion. Learn more
Agenda and Session Topics for the 2016 Annual Conference:
Click here to view this year’s conference sessions and agenda. Please note the sessions are subject to change.
April 26, 2016
April 26 – 28, 2016
Tuesday – Thursday Conference Sessions
Please contact CALED at 916-448-8252 or e-mail Kristy Nong for registration instructions after April 15, 2016.
Member Rate (After February 25) $595
Non-Member Rate (Includes one (1) year membership) $695
Pre-Conference Got Ethics? What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You. $60
Culinary Crawl $25
Fun Run $15
The South San Francisco Conference Center Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport SOLD OUT Lodging Rates **Mention CAL online or over the phone when booking your reservation. The hotel cut-off date is April 4, 2016. Rooms are not guaranteed and may be sold out prior to the cut-off date.
255 S Airport Blvd
South San Francisco, CA 94080
250 Gateway Boulevard
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Starting at $235.00/night for 1 king bed, non-smoking SOLD OUT
The South San Francisco Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport SOLD OUT
**Mention CAL online or over the phone when booking your reservation. The hotel cut-off date is April 4, 2016. Rooms are not guaranteed and may be sold out prior to the cut-off date.
- Pre-Conference Session: Got Ethics? What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You. ($60 Registration)
- The unique role economic developers play in helping businesses thrive in their communities can put you in controversial situations without you even knowing it. In this session, key take aways will be understanding of how to identify ethics concerns, ways to mitigate and deal with the conflicts and ethics concerns, specific concerns public sector employees/entities need to be aware of (FPPC, Brown Act, etc.) specific concerns EDC’s/non-profits need to be aware of sample policies, specific to economic development that they may be able to incorporate into their policy, whether they are a non-profit or a city/county.
- CALED Conference App
- 2016 Conference, CALED will have a conference app that provides everything you need for a fulfilling conference experience—logistics, session materials, and of course networking opportunities will be at your fingertips.
- CALED Fun Run ($15 Registration)
- Healthy businesses need fit economic developers! Join us at 6:30am on the last day of the conference for 2.5-mile run/jog/walk. This is a great way to finish the conference strong and refreshed and enjoy the early morning beauty that South San Francisco has to offer.
- Culinary Crawl ($25 Registration)
- Join CALED members as we support local economic development in our Host City of South San Francisco. This has become the event of the conference. Make sure you seize the opportunity to network with fellow economic developers. Registration includes one drink and snacks at each venue.
- Sponsor Expo:
- Have you taken advantage of all the opportunities at your disposal? Meet our conference sponsors and find out how they can help your economic development efforts.
IEDC Recertification Credit
This event is recognized by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a professional development event that counts toward the recertification of Certified Economic Developers (CEcD). Click here to learn more.
- Economic Developers wanting to enhance their professional skills
- Elected officials committed to creating jobs and helping businesses in
- Business owners who want to meet the professionals responsible for helping them thrive in California
- Seasoned economic developers who want to learn new trends in economic development and who want to give back by helping up-and-coming professionals
- New economic developers who want to build a network of their peers, as well as meet seasoned professionals
- Utilities, banks, and other service providers who play a crucial role in the success of California’s businesses
- Port, airport, rail, and other transportation representatives who provide important services for economic development and business success
- State leaders, agencies, and representatives engaged in revenue generation, business assistance, and job creation to help businesses create jobs
- Consultants interested in connecting with California’s Economic Development Network
If you are interested in sponsoring Fresh: Ideas, Perspectives, Directions please contact Laura Cole-Rowe, CALED’s Conference Consultant, at (707) 631-5029.